Our current schedule for the 2018-2019 grant cycle is as follows:
- July 18 (optimistically) or July 25: Open Call For Projects (online survey) goes live
- Aug 15: Open Call for Projects (survey) due (3-4 weeks)
- Aug 16-Aug 26 (1.5 weeks): Kit/Advisory Council reviews responses & selects which applicants will submit full applications
- Aug 27-Sept 16 (3 weeks, although includes Labor Day weekend): Applicants write full applications
- Sept 17-Oct 7 (3 weeks): Advisory Council & Kit review applications
- Oct 8-Oct 14 (1 week): Applicants receive their feedback, ask questions of reviewers, & start revisions
- Oct 15-Oct 28 (2 weeks): Applicants finish revisions & submit final versions of their applications
- Oct 29-Nov 4 (1 week): Kit & reviewers update reviews if anything changed significantly as a result of revisions
- Nov 5-Nov 19 (2 weeks): Board reviews proposals
- Nov 19-21: Board meeting
At the November Board meeting, the Board of Directors will decide which projects will receive grants. We'll let everyone know, and then begin fundraising. Funds disbursement will begin in early 2019, depending on how successful the fundraising campaign is.
These dates are available in the official Effing Foundation calendar; instructions on how to view it or add it to your own calendar are available through Google Drive.