A marvelous March to you, friends and Effing supporters!
I absolutely meant to write you all last month to announce that our Board has awarded our first six sex-positive grants! But then right after the grants were approved, I was suddenly swamped with work as I added "Grant Administrator" to my list of roles at the Foundation. Whew!
Needless to say: Thank you again to all of you who contributed to our pilot fundraising campaign and made this possible. Our first official Effing Foundation grant recipients are:
- The Adipositivity Project by Substantia Jones (@adipositivity , facebook.com/Adipositivity)
- Afrosexology by Dalychia & Rafaella (@afrosexology, facebook.com/Afrosxology)
- eros&persephone by lola.rose.eros (@eroslafemme, instagram.com/lola.rose.eros)
- Survivor Theatre Project (@survivortheatre, facebook.com/SurvivorTheatre)
- ( ) ("whole") by the A.O. Movement Collective & AORTA Films (@theAOMC, facebook.com/theAOMC)
I look forward to sharing updates from these projects with you over the coming months!
My other sex-positive tidbit for you this month is #StopSESTA -- SESTA is a misguided online surveillance bill already passed by the US House that's expected to be up for a vote in the Senate on March 12. Sex workers have clearly spoken out against it as has the Electronic Frontier Foundation -- it's censorship that takes away online tools that sex workers use to stay safe. Take a moment to contact your Senators with this call script by @MassSWAN.
Thank you again for your support of sex-positivity!
Kit Stubbs, Ph.D.
Founder & Executive Director
Like what we're doing? Make a tax-deductible donation and support us via Amazon Smile.