For artists and educators whose work centers on human sexuality, finding financial support can be extremely difficult. The Effing Foundation is launching a grant program to help meet this need.
We are thrilled to announce the following projects have been selected to receive pilot grants:
- The Adipositivity Project by Substantia Jones (NYC) -- nude portrait series of fat models (including queer/trans models and models of color); empowering fat people as unapologetically sexual beings through artistic photography
- Afrosexology by Dalychia & Rafaella (St. Louis, MO) -- education, exploration, and reclaiming of Black sexuality through a new video series featuring Black people of varying genders and sexual orientations discussing their sexualities
- eros&persephone by Lola Rose Eros (LA) -- an exploration of the human psyche through the lens of sexuality as a series of short videos by a Black transmasculinefemme self-taught artist; the stories include concepts such as safer sex practices, enthusiastic consent, scene negotiation, queer identities, gender expression, relationship dynamics, kink, and fetish
More Than No (LA) and Survivor Theatre Project (Boston, MA) -- theater workshops & performances that empower survivors of sexual violence, regardless of gender or sexual orientation
- PolyDallas Millennium Symposium by Ruby Johnson, LCSW (Dallas, TX) -- PolyDallas Millennium is a sex-positive sexual health symposium that is a platform for marginalized and oppressed groups. We provide education on ethical non-monogamous relationships in an oppressive and stigmatizing society. Educators, activists, and community leaders that are representative of the attendees engage the audience in shared language and experiences. PolyDallas Millennium is a symposium that has space and joy for all communities and all ways of being.
- Sex Ed A Go Go by Dirty Lola (NYC) -- informative & entertaining variety show featuring sex educator Lola and a wide range of guests
- ( ) ("whole") (NYC) -- collaboration between performance company the A.O. Movement Collective & queer/feminist collective AORTA films; body-positive, queer erotic art film including performers who are queer/trans people of color
Your donation will help make more amazing projects like these come to life!
Interested in applying for a grant? We haven't yet determined the schedule for our next round of grants. Once we've got the schedule settled, we'll be announcing it via Twitter (@EffingFound), Facebook (facebook.com/effingfoundation), and on our monthly email newsletter (which you can sign up for by using the "JOIN" button on this site).