Hello Friends of Effing,
Sending wishes for health, wellness, and solidarity to all of you as we continue to collectively struggle with the impact of COVID-19.
Given the toll this has taken on our broader sex-positive community, our Board has agreed that the best thing The Effing Foundation can do is shift our funding opportunities to 2021, rather than open applications in the fall.
The Foundation will continue to provide financial support for our 2020 grantees and deliver resources to you on social media, including regular features from our whole community of 37 sex-positive educators and artists. Much of this work is done by Dom (our Communications Manager) and Li (our Administrator), and we're working to continue to provide them with much-needed income as well.
We’re grateful the Effing grantees are giving us pleasure and joy to look forward to in the months ahead:
- #BlackTransPrayerBook is now available! If you’re seeking spiritual care during this time, check out this interfaith guide co-edited by Lady Dane Figueroa Edidi and J Mase III.
- Preorders for Honey & Hot Wax: An Anthology of Erotic Art Game are open; Lucian, Sharang, & Kit discussed the book on The American Sex Podcast
- Jimanekia Eborn, host of Trauma Queen podcast, has three workbooks available on “Repairing Your Body after Trauma”
Seeking ways to get your sex-positive community through this? Here are some options to access resources:
- If you run a small business in the sexuality industry and you're not sure you can complete the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (“SBA”) COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application, find more info here.
- The Arts Business Collaborative has a collection of publicly available, frequently updated COVID-19 resources for POC/ALAANA artists, creative economy small businesses, arts administrators and supporters, at ABC's RESOURCES FOR COVID-19 - PUBLIC
For sex workers seeking funding and other care, check this resource list from Lysistrata
Thank you so much for your continued support as our communities adjust to the present difficulties and rally to support one another.
Wishing health and safety to you and yours,
Dom & Kit
Dom Chatterjee, Communications Manager (email@example.com)
and Kit Stubbs, Ph.D., Founder & Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)