Our current schedule for the 2022-2023 grant cycle is as follows:
- Sept 1: Online application form opens for submissions
- Application deadline extended to Oct 10: Application form closes at 11:59pm US Eastern time. No further extensions will be granted.
- Oct 4 - Dec 15: Advisory Council & staff review responses and select finalists
- Jan 4, 2023 (at the latest): All applicants have been notified as to whether or not they have been selected as finalists
- Jan 4 - Jan 25: Advisory Council draft feedback on finalists' applications
- Jan 30 - Feb 13: Finalists receive their feedback, ask questions of Advisory Council members about their feedback, and start revisions
- Feb 27: Revised applications due
- Feb 28 - Mar 14: Advisory Council update their reviews if anything changed significantly as a result of revisions; finalizes funding recommendations for the Board of Directors
- Mar 15 - Mar 29: Board reviews Advisory Council recommendations and votes
- Mar 30 (at the latest): Grant winners announced
Funds disbursement will begin in April 2023.
These dates are available in the official Effing Foundation calendar; instructions on how to view it or add it to your own calendar are available through Google Drive.