Our current schedule for the 2021-2022 grant cycle is as follows:
- Sept 1: Online application form opens for submissions
- Oct 3: (just over one month): Application form closes at 11:59pm US Eastern time
- Oct 4 - Dec 21 (11 weeks): Advisory Council & staff review responses and select finalists
- Jan 4, 2022 (at the latest): All applicants have been notified as to whether or not they have been selected as finalists
Jan 5 - Jan 26 (3 weeks): Advisory Council draft feedback on finalists' applications
- Jan 31 - Feb 14 (2 weeks): Finalists receive their feedback, ask questions of Advisory Council members about their feedback, and start revisions
- Feb 28 (about 4 weeks): Revised applications due
- Mar 1 - Mar 15 (2 weeks): Advisory Council update their reviews if anything changed significantly as a result of revisions; finalizes funding recommendations for the Board of Directors
- Mar 16 - Mar 29: Board reviews Advisory Council recommendations and votes
- Mar 31 (at the latest): Grant winners announced
Funds disbursement will begin in April 2022.
These dates are available in the official Effing Foundation calendar; instructions on how to view it or add it to your own calendar are available through Google Drive.